do you mind if i ask you a favor? *要注意回答“可以”时用no，“不可以”时用yes。
- do you mind if i ask you a favor? (我可以请您帮个忙吗?)
- no, not at all. (没问题，完全可以。)
can i ask a favor?
may i ask you a favor? *这两个例句和上面例句不同，用yes回答“可以”。
would you give me a hand?
would you please help me?
would you mind giving me a hand?
could you help me out?
i'm sorry to bother you,…
- i'm sorry to bother you, but can you help me? (对不起，能帮我一下吗?)
- it's no bother. (没问题。)
excuse me, could you please tell me where the bus stop is?
excuse me, how can i get to the airport?
how long will it take me to get there?
i'll be glad to.
i'd be happy to.
could i possibly…?
- could i possibly use your bathroom? (我能用一下您的洗手间吗?)
- of course. (当然。)
if you'd like,… * you'd是you would的缩写形式。
if you want to,…
could you pass the sugar, please? *用于吃饭时等请别人拿自己够不到的东西时。
- could you pass the sugar, please? (请您把糖拿过来行吗?)
- sure. here you are. (好的。给你。)
could i have the sugar, please?
could you hand me the sugar, please?
could you give me the sugar, please?
sugar, please. *比较随便的说法。
here you are. *用于拿出对方所期待着的东西时。
here you go.
here it is.
please do this.
what do you want me to do? (你想让我做什么?)
please do this. (请做这个。)
please take care of this.
would you please do this (for me)? (您能为我做这个吗?)
would you drive me to the store?
would you take me to the store?
would you drop me off at the store? (能让我在那家店下车吗?)
- would you help me find the number for the abc hotel? (您能帮我找到abc饭店的电话号码吗?)
- my pleasure. (可以啊!)
would you help me find the number for the abc hotel?
i don't know how to fill out this form. *fill out是固定搭配，表示“在空白处填写”。form是“表格用纸”。
how do i fill out this form?
can you help me with this form? (您能帮我填一下这张表吗?)
tell me why.
what's the reason? (理由是什么呢?)
why do you think that? (你为什么那么想?)
may i borrow your pen? *borrow“借入”。
may i use your pen?
is it okay if i use your pen?
do you have a pen?
do you have a pen that i can borrow?
can you lend me ten dollars?
would you give me a call?
could you call me?
can you ring me up?
- i'd appreciate it if you could call me tonight. (你今天晚上如果能给我打个电话的话，我将非常感激。
- i'd be glad to. (我非常愿意。)